Stroock represents every segment of the hospitality industry, including owners, managers, investors, lenders, franchisors and franchisees.
Stroock attorneys have been actively representing clients in the acquisition, development and financing of full and limited service hotels. Our expertise in the hospitality industry has developed over years of negotiating Management and Franchise Agreements with all of the major hotel chains. Among our Cooperative and Condominium practice’s 200 clients are some of the nation’s most prominent luxury residences that maintain a hotel operation.
Our litigators have earned major victories for a variety of clients who are significant players in the hotel industry. These include obtaining a landmark real estate tax decision on behalf of a hotel owner, and representing the prevailing lender in a case that confirmed the right of owners to terminate management companies. Apart from accomplishments in the courtroom, our team is equally skilled in alternative dispute resolution and has decades of experience in arbitrating and mediating complex disputes to a successful conclusion.
Our representations have included:
- Arrowwood of Westchester Conference Center, Westchester, New York—financing and loan restructuring.
- Blackstone Hotel, Chicago – acquisition, joint venture, redevelopment.
- Canyon Ranch Carillon, Miami Beach--joint venture development.
- The Carlyle Hotel (cooperative apartment building with hotel operation), New York City--acquisition and financing and continuing representation.
- The Cartwright Hotel, San Francisco, California--joint venture/acquisition and financing of existing hotel.
- Conestoga Inn, Anaheim, California—workout.
- Courtyard by Marriott, Pasadena, California--joint venture/acquisition, financing and subsequent sale of existing hotel.
- Eastland Park Hotel, Portland, Maine--joint venture/acquisition and financing of existing hotel.
- Embassy Suites, South Lake Tahoe, California—financing.
- Hampton Inn, Camarillo, California--joint venture/acquisition, development and construction financing.
- Hilton DFW Lakes Hotel and Conference Center, Grapevine, Texas --acquisition.
- Hilton Garden Inn, East Tampa, Florida – joint venture/acquisition.
- Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza, New York City—restructuring and financing.
- Hotel Californian, San Francisco, California—workout.
- Inn L’Auberge, Del Mar, California—workout.
- Millennium Broadway Hotel, New York City—special tax proceedings (obtained millions in tax benefits from New York City).
- The Pierre Hotel, New York City (cooperative apartment building with hotel operation) --ongoing representation of ownership.
- Renaissance Chicago O’Hare Hotel – joint venture, acquisition and financing.
- Ritz-Carlton, Pasadena, California—workout.
- Sheraton Grand Hotel, Tampa, Florida—workout.
- The Sherry Netherland Hotel, New York City (cooperative apartment building with hotel operation), --ongoing representation of ownership.