Christopher J. Doyle has a broad corporate and securities law practice, with particular focus on mergers and acquisitions as well as public and private securities offerings and financings. Mr. Doyle advises public companies and boards of directors on corporate governance and securities law compliance matters. He also represents issuers, underwriters and agents in a variety of debt and equity offerings, including IPOs, PIPES, registered direct offerings and Regulation S/144A transactions. Mr. Doyle has an extensive knowledge of structured securities, both equity- and credit-linked, the environmental credits market and foreign securities laws.
Mr. Doyle’s recent transactions include representing:
• An investor group led by The Baupost Group in its acquisition of NationsRent Companies, Inc., one of the largest equipment rental companies in the U.S., and the subsequent $1.1 billion sale of NationsRent to Ashtead Group plc;
• Sempra Energy Trading and affiliates, as borrowers, in a $1.72 billion global credit facility arranged by BNP Paribas, which Trade Finance magazine named 2005 Commodity Deal of the Year;
• The Children’s Place Retail Stores, Inc., a Nasdaq-listed company, in its acquisition of The Disney Store chain of retail stores from The Walt Disney Company;
• Specialty Underwriters’ Alliance Inc. in its IPO;
• The stockholders of eMeta Corporation in the sale of the business to Macrovision Corporation;
• The principals of Sonnenblick-Goldman, one of the real estate industry's leading investment banking firms, in the sale of a controlling stake in the company to Cushman & Wakefield; and
• WSP Group plc, one of the world’s fastest-growing design, engineering and management consulting organizations, in its acquisition of Chas. H. Sells, Inc.
Prior to joining Stroock, Mr. Doyle worked at National Westminster Bank in Mergers and Acquisitions and in Corporate Finance.