Tax and Compensation Advisory Work and Planning for Private Fund Managers
Complementing our experience in creating private fund vehicles is our expertise in structuring the underlying real estate transactions. Our extensive real estate, tax, ERISA and other practices help clients meet their desired investment objectives.
Our attorneys counsel private fund clients on:
• Fund structuring and management entity tax planning.Additional Experience
• International tax structuring.
• New product development.
• Executive compensation arrangements (including coordinating compliance with multi-jurisdictional structures) and estate planning.
• Profit interest plans and equity ownership plans for key employees.
• Tax-advantaged deferral of management fees (including compliance in the U.S. with IRC 409A and IRC 457A).
Other areas in which we serve private fund clients include:
We provide litigation support to hedge funds in a variety of matters, including investor suits, valuation disputes, SEC and attorney general investigations, fee disputes and employment disputes.
- Representation of Investors in Private Funds
We represent institutional investors, including state pension funds, fund of funds and private banking groups in connection with their investment in private funds.
- Acquisitions of Funds and Fund Managers
We have represented buyers and sellers of investment management firms with over $80 billion under management.
We work with individuals entering the business to start their first fund and with individuals or groups who are leaving an established fund complex to go on their own.